Lanzarote.





When gathering information for my summer project I went on holiday to Lanzarote. I was particularly inspired by the rock formations around the island, as the island is volcanic, there were some great colours and layers built up from the different stages of the cooling lava.



This formation was particularly interesting, the rock has an almost foam like quality, and the colours are most unusual, I didn't expect to find green rock of such vivid colour.


La Geria is an area of the island which is full of vineyards, these were dug in small pits in the volcanic rock, these created really interesting patterns in the landscape, going up the side of the hills. There were so many of them, which spread for miles. 



I gathered some interesting colour schemes from the caves, these in particular are from the green caves, the way the rocks were lit created some really vivid colours and shadows. 



There were also lots of textures around the caves, which were really enhanced by the lights, I think it would be interesting to look more into the textures created and try to draw from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment