Coloured Line Drawing.



These have been my most successful drawings so far, I feel that the colours are a lot more refined than previously and the colour palette is working a lot more successfully. I like both the neatly painted drawing and the more expressively painted drawing, it would perhaps be interesting to have a combination of expressive and ordered painting to create variety and contrast within my samples.


Adding the marks into the drawings I think was really successful as they add another dimension almost, adding much needed texture and depth back into the work. I think that having areas of space inbetween the marks works well also, having lots of marks amongst the colours might be a bit too much and the painting then may start to get busy and overcrowded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment