Reflecting on the Project.


DATAWHERE was the name I came up for my finished books, this is a play on wearing your data, not knowing where your data is online and the fact that data is everywhere.
This project has been a tough one for me, and I've found it extremely challenging at times. Working to a more conceptual brief was hard for me at first, especially trying to come up with something futuristic to work with. I'm often quite a visual thinker and like to be able to draw from objects and places straight away, whereas this project was more about the thoughts behind the concept to start with.
I found that towards the end of the project I was trying to create prints from the data, instead of trying to get my concept across, which I think just shows that I am more of a visual worker as opposed to a conceptual thinker. I do however quite like the fact that the prints have more of a meaning, and perhaps in future I could come up with a meaning to start my project but then move into purely visual outcomes.
I have enjoyed working with a fashion based outcome, and it's perhaps something that I would like to explore further, perhaps I could design prints that are for both fashion and interiors.
Over the summer I would like to try and develop my use of illustration further and practice drawing the figure and garments, so that I can progress well into 3rd year.
This project has definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and I'm glad a chose to do it, instead of staying where my comforts lie in interior surface pattern. My skills in Illustrator and Photoshop I feel have also progressed, and I've really enjoyed creating layouts and a final book. I think it's opened up my ways of approaching projects which should definitely be useful in 3rd year.

No comments:

Post a Comment