Coding Inspiration.

Norsk Bilde studios


Ibm Punchcards- www.columbia.edu


www.jeff-barr.com


Having come across the top image randomly in a layout book, I was inspired by the graphical element of marking out crosses to show where cross stitch would go to make a pattern. The areas then that were punch through reminded me of punch cards, which of course are an old fashioned way of coding computers, and also a way of programming looms for weaving and knitting.
I like the effect of many holes combining together to create a pattern, something that I could perhaps bring into my work? 
These did also remind me of brail and morse code, which are both different means of communicating via code. 


Punch Tape- minnalmalayali.blogspot.com

Punch card fabric- www.spoonflower.com






No comments:

Post a Comment