Lauren Bowker Talk & Tutorial.

http://behindtheunseen.tumblr.com/post/43505949107

Having had the chance to see a talk from Lauren Bowker last Unit X, I definitely wanted to see her talk  for this Unit X, especially as Lauren is who we're pitching our ideas to for our trends. 
Since her last venture PHNX, she has since killed off the project and held a funeral for it, to mark the new beginning of 'the Unseen' project. 
Laurens' ways of working are really inspiring, her attitude to do what you feel is right, not what everyone else thinks is right, is something that I really need to take on board. 
If I feel that something is going to work, I need to stick to it, and try to push my ideas. 

We got the opportunity to further talk with Lauren Bowker the next day to discuss our projects etc, to which she gave us her advice, telling us to take risks, do what we want, have fun while we can, make the most of our time at university, just really experiment. 

From someone who's come from where I am now and to have gone so far in such a short space of time, makes me think I definitely need to try and take on some of her advice, and to let go a bit and be more free with my work, try not to think about if things are right or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment