Talking with peers.


Still confused about where I could take my concept visually, and since I would like to incorporate print into my work, it's important that I can come up with a strong visual to support my concept.
I had a talk with Ursula from college 3 as she's a more conceptual worker to see if talking to someone who thinks more conceptually would offer some advice. 
We came up with ideas about having a garment that could be visually pleasing, but uncomfortable to wear, representing the hidden trades behind the high street.
A garment that creates a double take, imagery appearing nice, but the reflection isn't, or the reflection being nice but the object being ugly. 
Or imagery clear in parts, others jumbled so the brain can't make out what the image is trying to say- could also be applied to technology, not really understanding technology, jumbled imagery to represent our confusion on how technology actually works. 
Imagery wise, could look into sweat shop machinery, take abstract shapes and lines from this to juxtapose with photography? 


No comments:

Post a Comment