Googling Myself.

I wanted to see how much of my information was readily available on the internet, I've personally only been online for about 7 years, but imagine if your entire life was online?
There's articles in the paper about people who have lost their jobs because of their Facebook activity or people who haven't been offered a job because of their Facebook account. 
We often readily put this information out there but in this technology driven world, people are going to have to become more and more savvy with what they actually put onto the internet, there is a lot more possibility for the past to come back and haunt you online. 

Google results;
- Blog posts
- Tagged posts on Facebook
- Facebook profile
- Twitter posts/posts tagged in
- UK home address
- Youtube account & videos I liked/commented on
- Activity streams on Creative Matchmaker
- An account i'd never signed up to on Wattpad
- Amazon wishlists
- Names database showing where I went to school
-  UK Manchester address
- Peopletracer
- A petition I'd signed
- A list of events I'd attended
- Link to my dads address
- Links to my blog on unknown website Craftkeys.com

A strange mix of information came up, a lot to do with tracing people and finding out people addresses,  which a lot seemed to have been generated by third party advertising, creating profiles and information through websites that I'd previously signed up to. When signing up to just general websites and online resources such as an online shopping website, you never really know who they're going to share your information with, and what that information is then going to be used for. 
It's a scary concept that you information can go anywhere, and anyone has the potential to be able to access it. 


Screenshot from google.

No comments:

Post a Comment