Thinking 3rd Year.

Having looked over my Unit X feedback, I've decided to take elements from that project forward into 3rd Year.
I enjoyed working with more of a concept, and although I don't want to concept to be something I stick to like glue, I want it to grow with the project and see where it takes me. 
Something I touched on whilst undertaking Unit X, was identity online, and how identity can be changed, people can pretend to be something they're not, or pretend to be others, it's so easy to pretend online. 

I'd experimented previously with hiding the identity of people's faces, scribbling out reconisable features, changing parts of the face so the eyes are no longer theirs, or they have a different nose, basically warping the reality of the face, changing the identity. 

I definitely think that this is something that I can progress with further, but  I want to put a totally different spin on things. When I spoke to Lauren Bowker about my DATAWHERE project, she said it might have been nice to not look at actual data, but to look elsewhere, to perhaps take nature as a way of finding data and imagery, so that the data could take on a more abstract form. 
Since nature is something that I always find and take inspiration from I thought this would be a good place to start and see if I can try and link the two concepts, identity online and identity in nature. 





No comments:

Post a Comment