Locating- Digetex Brief.


For the Locating project I have chosen to undertake two of the Digetex briefs; Baroque and the 1950’s. My time will be split equally between both projects to create two collections of digital prints.

My aim for both projects is to create collections suitable for an interior based outcome with prints designed for multiple purposes, such as wallpapers and soft furnishings.
For the Baroque section of the project I will focus on the baroque architecture, with particular focus on the architectural floor plans of baroque buildings. These will be used to create pattern and repeat. Research for this will be gathered from various library books and journals, also supported by my own photographic research into baroque buildings in Manchester. Drawing will be the starting point, creating various motifs and patterns that can then be digitally manipulated and put into repeat. Watercolour and inks will be the main medium used to create a painterly quality within the prints created. Digitally manipulating drawings into pattern is something that I often explore throughout projects and is something that I want to progress with further in this project.

For the 1950’s sections of the project I will focus on cell/plant cell structure, this is related to the fact that the structure of DNA was realised at this time. I was interested in the often abstract print designs of the time, so thought the structures of cells would be the ideal subject to take shapes and pattern from. Most of the research for this will be taken from the library in the biology books, looking at microscopic photos and interpreting them in my own way. Again this will be explored through the means of drawing, experimenting with colour ways though the use of watercolours and inks, which again will be digitally manipulated to create pattern and repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment